Princess and cushion-cut diamonds create a great option for people who prefer square-shaped diamonds. Even though both of them have a square shape, they have significant differences from each other. So if you are unsure about the right option to choose, read along to know more about these diamond cuts
Princess-cut diamonds can be a modern alternative to your traditional round diamonds. This shape offers a contemporary look to your ring along with stunning brilliance and sparkle. It features four pointed corners that make it different from other diamonds with square and rectangular shapes. Because of their remarkable sparkle and modern appeal, princess-cut diamonds create a popular option in engagement rings.
Princess-cut diamonds can suit a variety of ring settings including solitaire, pave, halo, channel, etc. Hence, it is possible for you to get a ring style you like the best by choosing princess-cut diamonds. Additionally, both natural and lab grown diamonds are available with this particular diamond cut, therefore, it can be easy for you to choose a stone that can fit your budget.
Pros Of Princess-Cut Diamonds
- They are more affordable than round diamonds. Because of how they are cut, princess-cut diamonds retain most of the rough stone, which made them an affordable option.
- Princess diamonds have bigger look in comparison with cushion-cut diamonds of the same carat.
- The pointed corners of this diamond shape give it a modern and contemporary look.
Cons Of Princess-Cut Diamonds
- The sharp corners make the princess stone more prone to chipping
- This diamond shape shows the color more than many other diamond shapes. Hence, you will have to get princess diamonds of higher color grade.
This is another diamond shape with a square shape. But in contrast to the pointed corners of princess diamonds, cushion-cut diamonds have soft, rounded corners. They also exhibit good brilliance. The square shape and rounded corners of these stones can offer them a romantic and vintage look.
Pros Of Cushion-Cut Diamonds
- They can be a great option for vintage lovers.
- Because of the rounded corners, they are less prone to chipping.
- Their price can be significantly lower than round brilliant diamonds.
- They have a stunning brilliance and sparkle.
Cons Of Cushion-Cut Diamonds
- These stones might look smaller than many other diamond shapes with the same carat weight.
- If not cut properly, their shape might vary
In short, if you want a diamond shape with a modern look, go for princess diamonds. But those who prefer a vintage appeal to their engagement rings can choose cushion-cut diamonds.